ARK's Y-Chew® is an innovative Y-shaped oral motor chew tool.
It has three different extensions to chew on, each with its own texture (smooth, ribbed, and bumpy) for a varied sensory experience. It comes in 3 color-coded toughness levels:
- Soft/Standard - These are the softest ones with the most “squishiness” and “give” to them. Recommended for mild chewers and/or beginners practicing biting/chewing skills
- Medium Firm / XT - XT stands for "Xtra Tough," recommended for moderate chewing. These are firmer, but still chewy.
- Very Firm / XXT - XXT stands for "Xtra Xtra Tough," recommended for more avid chewing. These are the most firm and provide the most resistance to the jaw. No chew tool is indestructible, but these are very tough.
Use the Y-Chew as a safe alternative to biting/chewing on fingers, shirts, and other hazardous non-food items. It can also be used:
- As an oral fidget for sensory seekers craving oral input and stimulation
- To exercise the lips, tongue, cheeks, and especially the jaw, allowing the mouth to learn and grow strong through oral exploration
- To decrease thumb sucking, tooth grinding, and finger/knuckle biting
- To practice biting/chewing skills without the risk of choking
- To improve jaw strength, jaw stability, tongue movement, and other feeding skills
- To satisfy the urge to chew for individuals who are fed through a g-tube
- To build oral tone, strength, mobility, control, coordination, and endurance
- To decrease oral sensitivities, oral defensiveness, and food aversions
ARK manufactures these chew tools in the USA! They're medical grade, FDA compliant, and contain NO lead, phthalates, PVC, BPA, or latex.
The handle measures 6,35cm and the extensions measure 4,45cm and 3,18cm respectively.
0 of 0 reviews
Made in the USA by ARK Therapeutic. FDA compliant, NO lead, phthalates, PVC, BPA, or latex. Each Y-Chew is sold separately. Color variations possible.
often bougt products