ARK's Bite Tube is a hollow chew tool with a different diameter on each end.
Use it as a safe alternative for anyone who needs to chew. They can also be used as an oral motor tool to work on jaw strength and stability. The tube-like extension is perfect for individuals who want their chew tool to "collapse" more, whether as a sensory chew and/or in feeding therapy. As an oral motor tool, use it to practice biting/chewing skills without the risk of choking, to build jaw strength and stability, and to exercise the mouth muscles.
Put puréed foods inside the tube for functional biting/chewing practice - when the individual bites down, they will be rewarded with a taste of food. The two different diameters allow you to work on varying jaw heights. Because the hollow tube provides less resistance than solid chews like the Grabber, this is a great "starter" chew tool for individuals with very limited jaw strength.
Each chew measures about 12,7cm long overall, 1,3cm in diameter on one end, and 1cm in diameter on the other end.
It is hollow all the way through the core. Like all ARK chews, the Bite Tube is available in 3 color-coded toughness levels:
- Standard - This is the softest level, recommended for mild chewers (those who do not chew through anything) and/or those with limited jaw strength
- XT / Medium Firm - This is the middle level, which we call XT ("Xtra Tough"). It's firmer, but still fairly chewy, recommended for moderate chewers
- XXT / Very Firm - This is the toughest level, which we call XXT ("Xtra Xtra Tough"). It still has some “chewability” to it, but it’s fairly pretty firm (although not as firm/tough as our solid chews).
Note: if you are looking for a long lasting chew tool for avid chewing, we recommend solid chews over hollow chews. Check out the Tetra-Bite for example.
- Medical grade, FDA compliant, NO lead, phthalates, PVC, BPA, or latex.
- Each Bite Tube is sold individually - choose which option you'd like from the pull-down menu above.
- Exact color hues may vary slightly.
Caution: This product is not a toy. Although these chew tools are sturdy and durable, no chew tool is indestructible. Wear/tear may be expected given the nature of the intended use. How long they last is typically equal to the amount and intensity of the chewing, as well as other variables (such as jaw strength, stress/anxiety levels, if other sensory strategies are in place, etc.). While for some people a chew tool will last forever, for others with heavy/aggressive oral needs, they may go through it very quickly. Please supervise at all times, regularly inspect the chew, and replace at first sign of wear and tear.
0 of 0 reviews
often bought products