ARK’s Jaw Grading Bite Blocks are a great complement to any oral motor tool box. Specially designed to work on jaw grading and stability, each arm has a different thickness to practice various jaw heights:
- The orange arms are 3mm and 6mm thick
- The magenta arms are .7mm and 1cm thick
- The teal arms are 1,3cm and 1,5cm thick
What is jaw grading and stability? Jaw grading is the ability to have controlled movements of the jaw to various jaw heights needed for speech and feeding skills. For example, note the difference in your jaw when saying “eee” vs “ahhh”. Or, imagine biting into a cracker vs a sandwich/burger. Your jaw has to open to different heights to accommodate those different sounds and foods. Jaw stability is the strength, coordination, and endurance needed to do so without the jaw sliding forward and/or sideways. Each Bite Block set comes with instructions including four exercises to help work on these skills.
These Bite Blocks are firm for good resistance during jaw exercises, but not 100% rigid to be gentle on the teeth (for softer options to work on chewing skills, see the Grabber and/or Y-Chew). Each arm also has gentle sensory bumps to grip the teeth.
- medical grade, FDA & CE compliant
- No BPA, PVC, lead, phthalates, or latex
- Each block measures 18,4cm long in total, with each "arm" measuring about 7,4cm long and 1,3cm wide.
- Sold in a set (1 orange, 1 magenta, and 1 teal)
Caution: this therapeutic tool should be used under adult supervision at all times.
0 of 0 reviews
often bought products